Do you want to get a job, but you’re not sure how to go about it?
Do you worry that you don’t have the skills and knowledge to go straight into work?
Are you worried that you won’t know what to do when you get there?
Traineeships provide help and support for young people aged 16-23 who need that extra boost in moving into employment as an Apprentice.
We will help you to progress into full Apprenticeship, employed and paid as quickly as possible.
We prepare you for Apprenticeships by:
- offering a 6-8 week classroom based training in employability and functional skills
- potentially getting you paid up tp £800 a month once you are offered an Apprenticeship.
What is a Traineeship?
Traineeships are programmes designed specifically to help you to gain work skills, work experience and get ready for employment in around 12 weeks. They include:
6-8 Weeks Training
Classroom training (full time) to prepare you for work and provide you with qualifications.
A work placement with a local organisation for up to 6 weeks
A job interview with the very organisation you did your placement with.
Ongoing help and support after you’ve done your placement to help you get the most from your traineeship, go on with your learning and find yourself work.
What will I learn?
Training that leads to Level 1 Qualifications
Learn the skills you need to start work and build your confidence
- Work awareness
- People skills
- Team working skills
- Customer service skills
- CV writing
- Interview skills
A guaranteed work placement
We’ll link you in with a suitable employer to
- Gain practical experience of work
- Learn which job roles might suit you
- Apply & develop your new skills
- Add valuable experience to your CV
Guaranteed Job interview
We’ll arrange a job interview with your placement provider which will give you
- Useful advice about your career
- The chance to get a real job
We’ll give you more help and support you after completing your traineeship to
- Help you find real work or
- Start a full paid apprenticeship