Apprenticeships are an excellent way to find your way into Construction. There are a range of construction apprenticeships available across London and the South East in the major construction trades, for example, Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry, Dry Lining, Painting and Decorating, Quantity Surveying and Site Manager apprenticeships.
You will work alongside experienced staff and gain job-specific qualifications. You will be employed and will earn while you learn, so you can gain an industry-specific qualification without needing a student loan. You are employed full time (usually between 30-40 hours per week), including the time you spent on your studies.
You can progress to higher-level apprenticeship or degree level apprenticeship
Whether you take the apprenticeship route to get a degree or go to university, your qualification will have the same value.
Further information on apprenticeships and higher and degree apprenticeships can be found at Gov.uk
Eligibility criteria – We can help you to find a construction apprenticeship if you meet the following criteria:
- You are aged between 16-24
- Must be unemployed or working less than 16 hours per week
- You are living in London (within M25)
- You do not have more than one level 3 or higher qualifications or more than two A levels
- Willing to take 2-3 months pre-apprenticeship (Traineeship) training
- You are a British citizen and have lived in the UK for the last 3 years