The DET qualification can help you gain Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills status (QTLS).
This is equivalent to the Certificate in Education within the Framework for Higher Education Qualification (FHEQ).
The Diploma in Education and Training covers a range of topics, including:
- Planning, delivering and evaluating teaching and learning
- Develop the skills to assess learning in education & training
- Developing knowledge around theories, principles and models in education and training
- Understanding professionalism and the influence of professional values in education and training
How is the DET delivered?
The course is delivered over 12 months as weekly classroom sessions and independent study. The course has 360 GLH plus 100 hours of teaching.
Entry Requirements for the DET
Aim Skills Development’s policy on access to this qualification is aligned with the awarding body’s guidelines. The qualification should be:
- Available to everyone capable of reaching the required standards
- Free from any barriers that restrict access and progression
- Equal opportunities for all those wishing to access the qualifications.
Learners are required to complete an initial assessment and show evidence that they have the potential to complete the DET.