This course is aimed at anyone who is in contact with someone with dementia or is interested in learning about it. It provides an introduction to the disease and the experience of living with it. During the course you will learn about:
- What it is and what it isn’t (myths vs facts)
- What it is like to live with dementia
- What are the causes of dementia?
- Diagnosing dementia and who can help
- Difficulties with living with dementia and how to overcome them
- How to communicate with people who have dementia. life-death cycle
How long will it take?
This course will take place 10am-4pm, it can take place either at a workplace or the training centre.