This course aims to help raise awareness of mental health, it will help the learner to have a better understating of mental health conditions. It will include:
- What is meant by mental health and mental distress?
- Models of mental health – medical/biological or psychological and social?
- The impact experienced mental health
- Features of mental health. Causes, treatment, and support
- The common mental health conditions: signs and symptoms, causes, treatment and support of anxiety, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and phobias
- The less-common mental health conditions: signs and symptoms, causes, treatment and support of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia
How long will it take?
This course will take place 10am-4pm, it can take place either at a workplace or the training centre.