The content on this page may be out of date.
This course is suitable for those who work or want to work in senior role with adults in care settings, such as residential, community and primary care environments, domiciliary services, day services and other similar roles. Learners must accrue at least 70 credits to complete this course, including 12 mandatory units, and a selection of optional units. The qualification will prepare you to manage complex situations in adult care and to give advice and guidance to customers and service users of different care services. It is suitable for Assistant Managers, Community Support Workers, Key Workers, Family or Outreach Support Workers, first Line Support Managers and others.
- Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care (England) (QCF)
- The qualification is achieved through a portfolio of evidence which will consist of observations, discussions, questioning, witness statements, reflective learning journals and other forms of evidence.
- The teaching and learning of the Diploma is by way of mentoring, group discussion, observation and practising in the workplace, as well as classroom based learning. You will use real work problem solving, engagement in everyday work activities, reflective practice, assignments, questioning and feedback to develop your skills and knowledge. This will help to identify issues that are relevant to your own professional performance and development and help you achieve the qualification.
- Work-based assessment throughout the course.
- Workshops to facilitate learning, which is flexible based on the needs of individual learners, for instance dyslexia or a physical disability.
- Tutorial support is available to you at all times.
How long will it take?
Depending on the ability of the individual, the NVQ will take between 4-6 months.[insert_php]include(TEMPLATEPATH . ‘/fundinginfoL4HSXmas.php’);[/insert_php]