- Become a strong leader and manager
- Study online from home in your own time
- Study a broad range of modules in your chosen subject
- Gain confidence
- Study around your work or in your own time ion planning to return to work
- Free consultation and career advice
- Transfer the credits to do a degree at a British University
What you’ll learn on this Level 5 Health and social Care course
The course will include a wide range of subjects to give you very broad knowledge in this sector, including:
- Management and leadership of others.
- Decision making.
- Regulatory processes and governance.
- Safeguarding, protection and risk.
- Communication, relationships and working in partnership with others.
- Decision making.
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Person-centred practice for positive outcomes.
- Performance management, professional development and supervision of others.
This qualification has been designed to meet the standard for the new Apprenticeship Standard for Leader in Adult Care.
Who is this Level 5 Health and Social Care course suitable for?
This course is most suitable for those already working in managerial roles in the adult care sector. It is also suitable for those managers who have not yet achieved a vocational qualification at Level 5.
It’s also perfect for currently unemployed people who have previous experience working in the sector and are considering returning to work.
Ideally learners will need to be working in the role of Manager or Deputy Manager in an appropriate professional setting, or at least be in a position where they can carry out the roles typically associated with these positions.
What are the entry requirements for the course?
Then only formal entry requirement is to be aged at least 19. It is also recommended learners hold a Level 3 qualification or above in a related area. If you’re in any doubt about your suitability, contact us using the form below and we’ll get back in touch.
How is the course assessed?
Assessment can vary with each intake, but methods used typically include:
- Interpretation of knowledge from direct observation of workplace practice
- Professional discussion
- Witness evidence
- Written assignments
- Learner’s log or reflective diar
- Portfolio of evidence
- Case studies
- Direct oral questioning.
What qualifications can you progress to after this Level 5 Health and Social Care course?
Successfully achieving this Level 5 Diploma means you could then move on to study for a degree, either full time or part time, in a related discipline.
This Level 5 Health and Social Care qualification is funded through Advanced Learner Loan – there is no upfront cost so do not miss out!
Advanced Learner Loans helps you to pay the tuition fees charged by the training providers. It’s easy to apply, your household income isn’t taken into account, and there’s no credit check. You won’t have to pay anything back until your income is over £27,295 a year, and repayments do not start until the April of the year following the course end. If your loan is for an Access Course and you progress to complete a Higher Education programme (and you earn under £27,295 during your degree), you will not have to pay back your FE Loan – it is written off!